Freelancer Limited, the ASX-listed company that owns Freelancer.com and Escrow.com, is hiring. Twellve-time Webby award-winning Freelancer.com is the world's largest freelancing and crowdsourcing marketplace, which connects millions of employers to freelancers across the globe. Escrow.com is a global fintech industry leader in secure online payments, having handled over US$3.5 billion in transactions buying and selling boats, cars, airplanes, jewelry, fine art, and even trips to the planned Aurora space station in 2021!
We are growing the Compliance team and searching for an experienced and highly motivated Compliance Analyst. Reporting into our Senior Compliance Manager, you will support the Company’s compliance initiatives on a global scale while experiencing career growth potential. Ultimately, you will play an important role in the team that is responsible for ensuring maximum compliance with regulatory obligations, as well as our internal compliance and risk frameworks.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the implementation and maintenance of a governance, risk and compliance program and support system
- Assisting with identifying potential areas of compliance vulnerability, and developing and implementing corrective action plans
- Assisting with the review of company policies, procedures, programs and compliance risk frameworks
- Participating in monitoring and testing of compliance frameworks to demonstrate compliance with regulatory requirements
- Applying for and maintaining relevant financial services or payment type licenses in multiple jurisdictions
- Working closely with the Finance team to prepare and complete internal and external reports
- Creating and maintaining various registers, including regulatory licensing obligations, breaches and incidents, training and complaints
- Collaborating with various functional teams in facilitating regulatory audits and examinations
- Assisting with the development and delivery of training programs
- Reviewing complaints for potential weaknesses or systemic compliance issues
- Providing advice and support to stakeholders on compliance with relevant regulations and/or compliance related matters
- Proactively informing the Compliance team of regulatory changes and risk management updates
While this role will focus on regulatory compliance, there will be opportunities for exposure to AML/CTF programs, transaction monitoring and escalation reviews.
- 3-4 years experience in regulatory compliance or audit in a similar industry.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment with demonstrated critical data analysis and decision making skills
- Strong research skills and ability to interpret regulations and legislations
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage competing priorities and tight deadlines
- A people person with strong communication skills and who can build relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to work autonomously and takes initiative to develop skills outside of traditional responsibilities
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office and Google G-suite
- Relevant degree in Business, Commerce or a similar area
- Experience with regulations in global financial services, payments, consumer protection, privacy, escheatment, AML/CTF concepts and ASX Listing Rules will be highly advantageous
- Certification in compliance, risk or AML/CTF is desirable
- A meritocratic culture with the ability to take ownership and fast track your career growth. Several of our Directors and VP-level managers started out as interns or Junior Product Managers just a few years ago!
- Free Class Pass membership.
- Fully stocked kitchen’s + yes we do have beer taps (and a bar with a killer view)!!
- Catered lunches once a week
- Weekly Town Halls with the all important Qamp;A session with the CEO (you really can ask him anything)!
- Quarterly hackathons with a huge prize pool !
- Regular team building events (think speed boats in the harbour, escape rooms, karaoke, laser tag, trivia nights, poker nights in the office)!