No Moss Studios in a nutshell
We are a game development studio and consultancy with the purpose of being the best in the world, and would love your help to get there. This means we strive for excellence, both culturally and technically.
Cultural Excellence means that we want to be the best place in the world to work for our employees. We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits, encourage our employees to be autonomous and purpose driven, and welcome diverse applicants and viewpoints. We want our employees to be able to bring their entire selves to work (while ensuring that work doesn't become their entire life!).
Technical Excellence means that we want to deliver the best projects in the world, both for our players and our clients. We want skilled, wholesome and innovative employees, who can create incredible things. Our team members are driven, communicative, talented and collaborative.
If this sounds like you, please apply! For more, check the culture page on our website, or see some of our past projects.
We're looking for mid to senior level games programmers who want to develop games in a variety of different software stacks. While a lot of our work uses Unity, we are always looking for programmers who can support other parts of our projects, doing things like web development, backend development, or even more off the wall things like Roblox programming.
Things that you might work on in a given day include:
- Working on exciting and soulful new IP internal to the company
- Helping our clients develop technically interesting and unique projects to achieve their goals
- Supporting our pre-existing projects, doing updates and improvements where applicable
- Creating tools or technologies to support projects in flight
As a small organisation, we often wear a few hats. So, if you'd be excited to work on game programming, but also have a passion for design or marketing, definitely let us know.
- Submit a cover letter with your application, ensuring that you mention:
- What attracted you to this position?
- Which of our past projects would you have liked to work on, and why?
- 2+ years of experience
- Are an Australian citizen, or hold a current visa to work in Australia
- Understands and has experience with scrum / agile development principles
- Understands and has experience with development practices (e.g. version control, etc)
- Has shipped at least one game title
- Experience with game development in one or multiple engines (e.g. Unity or Unreal)
Not Required, but Desired:
- Some experience working with external clients or stakeholders, and managing their expectations
- Experience guiding junior team members
- Experience with production-level Unity services, such as Unity Cloud Build
- Has made some small and weird games
- Our purpose is our people’s purpose, meaning we support you in discovering and aligning to this
- An ecosystem of wholeness. We like you for all of you; not just the ‘work face’.
- Access to your own personal development coach
- Flexible working arrangements - we’re currently fully remote and office days can be selected when we return to an office again later this year
- Opportunities to purchase leave.
- About 10% of our profits go directly toward our non-profit partners.
- Unpaid Extended Leave
- 6 weeks Paid Parental Leave at full salary for primary carer (not including government-funded parental leave).
- 2 weeks Paid Parental Leave at full salary for secondary carer.