Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.nbsp;
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.About the Team
We’re a small but energetic group focused on helping our product engineering teams ship better quality software, faster.
We proactively engage with teams on targeted projects to tackle complex, high-priority work which fast-tracks uplifting systems to follow best practices. For example, migrating systems from manually-created EC2 instances to immutable containers running on Kubernetes, or implementing automated build/deploy pipelines in CI configured via code.
We also offer support to these teams through answering questions in our Slack channel and providing follow-up help where necessary. For example, pairing with a team to debug an infrastructure issue or tweak their test harness or build scripts.
Our customers are internal product engineering teams - so working effectively across a large group of people as a team is a key to our success. We operate Delivery amp; Support services centered on uplifting non-functional aspects of software, through enabling and helping engineers to continuously improve their systems. We take pride in measurement, and extend this to capturing feedback from our customers to learn and improve on the services we deliver to them.About the Role
We’re looking for a talented and well-rounded software engineer to help our product teams drive and measure continuous improvements against our key software delivery performance metrics. Someone who is passionate about relentless automation, takes pride in their craftsmanship, and challenges the status quo. As part of this role, they’ll build relationships and communities which foster knowledge sharing, bilateral feedback, and continuous learning/improvement.We're looking for someone who can:
- Engage with our team, internal customers, and other stakeholders with clear communication and inclusive collaboration.
- Mentor and/or train people and teams with the tools and practices we use, to empower them to execute successfully and with autonomy.
- Identify, scope, manage, contribute to, and complete targeted projects which deliver measurable improvements to production systems in a timely manner.
- Participate in our team roster and support product teams in a responsive and helpful manner.
- BS in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience in software design and development, building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines, and managing highly-available web application servers and infrastructure in production.
- Working knowledge of using Windows and/or Linux operating systems with configuration management tools (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, SaltStack) and/or containerisation tools (e.g. Docker).
- Experience managing compute, storage, networking, and database services in one or more mainstream cloud providers (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, Azure) or on-prem equivalents, with infrastructure-as-code tools (e.g. Terraform, Cloudformation).
What You'll Bring With You
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a bias towards action.
- Capable of managing internal and/or external customers and working with, mentoring and training engineers to achieve successful outcomes for our customers, together.
- Working knowledge of Git as well as HTTP, TLS and DNS protocols.
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.nbsp;nbsp;
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.