Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.nbsp;
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
You'll help build and manage software that solves engineering problems at scale. You’ll work in collaboration with other Xeros to help create and deliver beautiful software to our customers, faster.nbsp;nbsp;You’ll be a leader in moulding team practices and application quality working together with the team towards consistent improvement.
You will work with your cross-functional team to deliver high quality beautiful software that is valuable to our customers.nbsp; You will be a champion for quality and strive to fulfill the Payroll Purpose of making it simple for small businesses to pay their people correctly and with confidence.
You will be supported to acquire new skills and grow in your role and career through coaching and continual learning. You will also continue to make an impact in your personal life with flexible working hours and arrangements that allow you to balance your life and passions.What you'll do...
- Demonstrate and champion quality in AU Payroll, work collaboratively, share your knowledge, and build quality competency within the team
- Engage the cross-functional team in all aspects of the testing pyramid throughout the development lifecycle
- Provide testing strategy and advice to the leadership group
- Drive test automation and a shift-left focus in testing
- Work with engineers to improve the CI/CD pipeline
- Contribute to observability and monitoringnbsp; of the production environment
- Liaise with other Xero teams on quality and testing strategy
- Be across the development roadmap and ensure it aligns with the quality strategy
- Design and execute test plans for new features and functionality, choosing the right method of testing for each situation (scenario, exploratory, automated etc.).
- Maintain a broad understanding of full application scope and features, whilst also developing deeper specialisation in agreed functional areas
- Contribute to thenbsp; consistent improvement of teamnbsp; processes
What you'll bring with you...
- Proven ability to promote shift-left focus on quality and feedback
- Skilled in a variety of automated testing tools and frameworks
- Strong collaborator of quality and automated quality approaches across the totality of the software development cycle
- Proficient with CI/CD concepts and tooling.
- Experienced in implementing automated tests over multiple system layers
- Experienced in Agile ways of working with a focus on Agile testing methods
- Experienced working in a cloud-based environment
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.nbsp;nbsp;
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.