Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.nbsp;
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.We’re looking for a talented Senior Product Designer to come and join our Xero Design team in Melbourne on a 3 months contract.
Senior Product Designers at Xero are responsible for designing beautiful, enabling and meaningful experiences that solve genuine customer problems. As a seasoned designer you’ll work closely with Product and Engineering on med-large scale projects within a product area of a portfolio.nbsp;About the design practice here at Xero
We have some really awesome humans in our design practice, working across Xero’s products in five locations in New Zealand, Australia, the UK, Canada and the USA.
In many ways, we still have that start-up feel - customer-centric mentality, a culture of innovation, outside the box thinking and heaps fo variety on our work.nbsp;We’re a design-driven company and place a high value on making sure our products make a meaningful difference in the lives and businesses of more than a million people around the world - this is where you come in!nbsp;Our designers, user experience team and design researchers are working on a global scale, so you’ll get to work on some really exciting projects.What you’ll do:
- Delivering beautiful, thoughtful, well-crafted design with a focus on UI delivery, ensuring work is delivered in collaboration with Engineering and Product teams to set timelines.
- You love crafting beautiful interfaces and care about the details at every step of the journey from concept to shipped code
- You’ll work closely with product designers, product strategists, technical leads and developers.
- You will present your ideas and rationale in conversations with others, and through prototypes, models and mockups
- You will not only improve what we build, but you will also contribute to how we go about doing it, better.
- You’ll cultivate a deep understanding of the needs and aspirations of the people our products are designed for.
What we need from you:
Applications close 24th February 2021 5:00 pm AESTWhy Xero?
- You’re an experienced designer, accustomed to user-centered design methods and best practices
- Required: Native app design and delivery, with a strong knowledge of iOS. Design systems experience highly desirable.
- Ideally product (Software as a service) design experience but we’ll still consider you if you have really strong design experience elsewhere.
- Strong problem definition and articulation challenging assumptions and 'pre-set' thinking around solutions, agreeing the purpose, principles and vision
- You're a natural when it comes to collaborating with cross functional teams to ensure proposed solutions balance user needs, business strategy and technical constraints
- Proven experience in creating effective handover materials which clearly communicate how the design should look and behave throughout interaction flows and journeys (e.g. User flow diagrams, design specifications, experience/interaction specifications etc)
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.nbsp;nbsp;
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.