Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.nbsp;
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.How you'll make an impact...
In this role you will dive in and work with the team, helping to build a collaborative environment to enable a high performing team. You will seek to understand the technical direction and contribute by coaching and mentoring the team. Every day will bring different challenges, but the key areas of your job will be to develop a deep understanding of the business domain that will help the team to build quality software and deliver customer value.
What you'll do...
- You actively contribute to discussions around the right technical approach and removing roadblocks.nbsp;
- You will be a hands on contributor to provide technical solutions within the team.
- Provide guidance to other engineers in the team
- Championing engineering quality and continuous delivery practices within the team
- Coach and mentor other team membersnbsp;
- Work with stakeholders outside of the team (Product/Engineering Leadership) to understand solution feasibility and produce high level estimations.
- Support the Team Leads in recruiting, interviewing and onboarding new people
What you'll bring with you...
- Technical excellence in software engineering, including SOLID principles, XP/pairing, TDD, domain driven design.
- C# coding experience
- Ability to coach and mentor developers to a great outcome.
- Capable of designing andnbsp; implementing customer focused software solutions.
- Ability to balance engineering and business outcomes.nbsp;
- Contributing to achieve continuous delivery practices.
- Experience in developing software that is secure, performant and scalable.
- Experience with agile methodologies.
- Experience in coaching and mentoring developers.
- Experience working on cloud infrastructure platforms.
- Experienced in taking direction from high level designs through to production ready software.
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.nbsp;nbsp;
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.